ALL RANGE USERS MUST SIGN IN TO THE REGISTER UPON ARRIVAL AND SIGN AS YOU LEAVE - THIS IS A LEGAL REQUIREMENT.
- FIREARMS ARE ONLY TOOLS BUT ARE DANGEROUS IF USED CARELESSLY
SAFETY FIRST - All Ranges
- WEAR EYE AND EAR PROTECTION WHEN SHOOTING IS IN PROGRESS
- IF YOU SEE UNSAFE BEHAVIOUR ANY TIME WHEN FIREARMS ARE BEING HANDLED OR USED, SPEAK UP AND TAKE ACTION TO CORRECT THE UNSAFE BEHAVIOUR AT ONCE
- 1 - BE SAFE - Use Your Brain and Common Sense AT ALL TIMES.
- 2 - MUZZLE DIRECTION. Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction i.e. down-range towards the sand.
- 3 - TRIGGER. Keep your finger away from the trigger and outside of the trigger guard at all times when not shooting.
- 4 - Keep the Firearm UNLOADED whilst not shooting and preferably in a bag/slip when moving around the site.
- 5 - "RANGE CLEAR". When people are down range setting targets etc. step away from the guns and the benches, no fiddling or tweaking with guns or ammunition. This makes everyone FEEL and BE safe.
- 6 - ALL members are given a safety talk when they join the club, this gives specific club and range rules - UNLESS you have been given this you are NOT authorised to shoot on the ranges. It is easy to get and means we all stay safe.
- 7 - BE SAFE and ENJOY your sport.
There are always people around who will help you with many different things from equipment malfunction to advice on improving your shooting so please feel free to ask in the clubroom if you need ANY help.
RANGE SPECIFIC RULES
25 metre Range
This is the original Military Butts from the RAF days. It is certified for all calibres and has 8 shooting positions which are under cover of a roof. We have recently modified the target positions, which now means ALL targets must be affixed onto the back boards within the yellow lines - no targets can be hung above this or sat on the woodwork below. This is to keep our range in the best condition possible. Would all range users please police their own brass and tidy up after themselves, bins are provided for your use. Our range users are friendly and helpful so when you arrive be polite and they will soon have a "Range Clear" to allow you to set up your targets. Shotgun Slug round (S.G.) may only be shot in the right hand side bay (UKPSA competitions excluded due to being RCO supervised). Please inform club staff prior to using slug on the range.
50 metre Outdoor Range
This range is situated to the right and behind the 25 metre range. Here we are certified for Air Rifle, Pistol Calibre and Rimfire Calibres only. Again please would all range users police their own brass and tidy up after themselves, bins are provided for your use.
100 metre Tube range (the Tunnel)
Situated on the far right of the site and accessed via the farmers track on the far side of the bank. This range is also certified for all calibres. Members can purchase a key for the shooting position for 24 hour access. The target house is accessed using the key provided in shooting position and again walking down the outside along the far side of the banking, a warning buzzer will sound when this door is open. Dont forget to put a £1 in the box on the wall by the door to cover the cost of electricity. Again police your Brass and leave the area tidy for others.
CLAY PIGEON AREAS
SAFETY FIRST - Always carry your gun UNLOADED and in a bag/slip when moving between areas. All shooters but especially Semi-auto shotgun users must ensure their gun is UNLOADED before leaving the shooting point. Learn which areas you are allowed to shoot from, You will be shown this on your first visit BUT if you are not sure please ask. Everyone is here to be safe and have fun so everyone is responsible for their own and others safety - don't assume someone else will be your R.O. - if you see something you think isn't safe politely but firmly speak to the person involved there and then.
At present this range is still under construction and thus is NOT certified for use with ANY firearm.
Watch this space for more news.
PRACTICAL SHOTGUN RANGES
There is a dedicated PSG range under construction behind the Cowboy range next to the shooting point of the 100m tube.
Watch this space!
Bays 1 and 2 are also available to use for Practical Shotgun but please check in at the clubhouse to let us know you are using them BEFORE doing so.
As with all ranges please tidy up after yourself!
9:00am - 4:00pm Monday to Sunday *
* Summer Opening Times May Vary
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
When are subs due?
Our year runs from 1st April until March 31st all subs need to be paid before the end of April.
Are children allowed?
We actively encourage the sport to be for the whole family and have guns suitable for children, however, they cannot be left unattended and must be supervised at all times.
What I.D. do I need to join?
Two lots of photo ID is required showing name and address.
Do I need to bring anything?
- Suitable clothes for wet weather.
- Suitable footwear, as the ground can sometimes be uneven and muddy.
- Ear and eye protection (can be hired from the club but is limited).